Thursday, March 31, 2011

Why Be Content?

Lately I have been battling a feeling of contentment. I live in paradise, I have a beautiful wife and a good job and to top it all off, God is starting to use me to do some amazing things. I can honestly say that life is good. But it’s not enough. When I stop reflecting on how good things are right now I realize how much more God wants to do.

For Jesus, dying on the cross wasn’t enough. He wasn’t content with what he had already accomplished. He also wanted everyone to know that he made that sacrifice for a purpose. Even after he rose from the dead he wanted his followers to know there was more to life than their own personal salvation and charged them with the responsibility of telling the know world that Jesus defeated sin for everybody.

It puts life in a different perspective and it changes how I look at the everyday. As a follower of Jesus I need to be content with the fact that Jesus died for my sins. Sometimes I’m not so sure about this and I even doubt whether or not my sins are truly gone but I shouldn’t. Instead I need to be content with my salvation, but that shouldn’t be what gets me out of bed in the morning. What gets me out of bed in the morning is God’s plan for me. God long ago set me down a path to tell others about the love and peace that I have found in unique and fresh ways. That is my destiny.

I believe God gives each of us a different and unique purpose and that includes you. What is it that you are going to do today to alter history? Are you content to merely live your life happy and secure in your own salvation or are you going to dream big and ask God to empower you for a greater purpose? The world needs playmakers like you so get in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment